Saturday, August 25, 2012

Bun in the Oven

By the name of my post, you may think this is one of my recipe round-ups and I will be telling you about a good bread recipe I found.  Well, this is not the case.  We are expecting our second Prentice baby in February of 2013!!!!!  We are so excited and announced to our family/friends earlier this week after my 13-week checkup with my doctor.  Nothing like hearing the baby's heartbeat...one of the greatest sounds in the world :)

To back track a bit, we found out we were pregnant with at home pregnancy tests in June.  So, this has been our little secret (between Chad, me, and Meredith) for a while now so what a relief to shout it out.  I say pregnancy "tests", because we took three different ones and then of course later confirmed things with the doctor in July.  Not only did we not believe the results, but the positive line was a bit faint and you can see how it got darker over time and there was no doubt by the third it was true.

June 12th

June 13th (darker even after just one day)


June 17th (no doubt there is definitely a baby in there)

Well, I definitely didn't need to worry about Meredith spilling the beans to anyone, since she is not much for words these days.  So far her vocabulary includes ma-ma, da-da (most popular), hi, thank you (with her own unique pronunciation), more (sign language so it doesn't count), and Jesus.  So, no need to worry :)  However, when we would ask her where baby is, she lifts up my shirt (or Chad's if he is closer) and points to my belly/bellybutton.  I think I should have taught her the word belly first, because I'm now picturing her at pre-school using the word baby when referring to belly.

So, we wanted to be a bit creative with our Facebook announcement that would not only hit long lost friends, but most of our family.  We first started by calling our parents and my brother by telling them Meredith was going to be a big sister, then texted some close friends, then announced on Facebook later that evening.

Here is the picture we chose for our announcement, which said, "Coming in February":

This was, of course, right before Chad caught her as she attempted to walk down the stairs on her own.


And, for laughs, here are some outtakes.  Notice, she is wearing different clothes, because I took these pictures over the course of a few days in different locations.  She was very uncooperative and liked to throw the sign.  I don't have any of those to post, because I was upset and quickly deleted them off of my camera.



Love her face in this one.  Looks like she doesn't want to be a big sister.

She could care less in this one.


Of course, we are picturing have moments of being overwhelmed, remembering back to how hard the recovery and how challenging a newborn can be, but we wouldn't change it for the world.  I can't wait to have our two little kids as playmates.

Oh, and did I mention I really want to wait the full 9 months to find out if it's a boy or girl?  The planner in me says "Are you kidding me?", but I really want to have a big surprise.  We shall see if we can hold out that long.