Monday, September 24, 2012

Landscaping

Let me start by saying that landscaping is tough work.  Pregnancy does have its perks at moments like this, though.  I only did a little bit of shoveling and some picking up of branches.  But, boy was I tired and I know Chad was too.  After five years of having these unsightly bushes in our front yard, it was time for them to go.  They take up too much room, constantly have to be trimmed, and to say it plainly, are ugly.

We have such a little yard and rarely do any type of landscaping, that we didn't even own a shovel! Thank goodness for our Menards refrigerator rebate :)  I think we will be using the few hundred dollars for years.

We still are not 100% sure what we are going to put in place of the bushes, but we are thinking something that at least involves rocks so maintenance is easier and weeds aren't growing everywhere.  At least we got this done before the ground became frozen, which may happen in another month or so, depending upon Illinois' crazy weather.

I forgot to take a true before picture, since we had already removed one big bush at this point.

Workin' hard!

That root was tough! 

Much better! :)