Monday, July 8, 2013

4th of July Activities

Are you noticing that my posts are getting fewer and far between?  I guess that's what happens when life gets busy with two kids.  Meredith is having her first overnight stay with my parents today and I can't believe how easy it is with just ONE child :)  It's funny how I thought things were so hectic when it was just Meredith and now it seems like a walk in the park with an infant.  So far, I've taken Luke to the mall and grocery shopping (which I never, ever do with the kids anymore) and it was a breeze!  Luke does miss his sister, though, since her crazy antics and dancing keep him entertained.

Well, this past weekend we went to Flora for the Perry reunion.  We hadn't been to my hometown since early April and I don't know when we'll go back again.  That is, with the total lack of naps from Luke and the worst-car-ride-imaginable which involved him in hysterics from Tuscola to Bloomington (picture non-stop screaming for 1 hour), I really don't know when we will travel that far again.  And to think that Chad was talking on the trip down about going to Texas for his cousin's wedding later this month.  Ha!  Anyways, we made it to Flora and lived to tell the tale.

Our kids love to read! 

Luke loves the new toy Grandma got him.

Getting close to sitting up on his own!

Visiting Great-Grandma Reed

Luke seems to like the baby carrier a lot more now that he can face out and see people.

Riding Little Toot!



We also went to Towanda's 4th of July parade with the kids last week.  It was nice to go to a small town and take part in their festivities.  Meredith was a little apprehensive and didn't quite know what to think of people throwing candy to her from their vehicles.  Luke did well except for when the fire trucks loudly honked their horns.  His little lip puckered and out came some screams.

Right after the Towanda parade.  They seemed to really enjoy it!