Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello 2013!

I can't believe today is the start of another new year.  As I reflect on 2012, I realize how blessed my family has been.  Here are some of our highlights:

  • Took our first family vacation (to the Wisconsin Dells and Mall of America) in May.
  • Purchased a minivan (still can't believe we are owners of a van) in February.
  • Celebrated Meredith's 1st birthday in May...where has the time gone?
  • Found out we are expecting Baby Prentice #2 in June.
  • We lost Chad's Grandpa Prentice in July.  Of course, not a highlight of the year in a positive sense, but nonetheless something to reflect on.
  • Meredith went from a crawler at the beginning of the year to a runner by years end!
  • Meredith went from having zero teeth last January 1st to now having 12!

 Chad and I have each set a few resolutions, if you will, for this upcoming year:

  • I want to eliminate soda completely from my diet (now I just drink a half to one can a day).  I usually try to eliminate caffeine as a resolution and it never, ever works.  It's too aggressive of a goal, since caffeine-induced headaches overwhelm me.  I plan to replace the soda with unsweetened tea, so I still get the caffeine, but lose the calories/sugars.  
  • This may sound silly, but I want to make the bed everyday.  When the bedroom is clean and organized, I feel like I am organized as well :)
  • Chad wants to read more and run more.  He also said he wants to be a better Daddy.  I think he said this because we watched "Courageous" last night, but I'm really stumped at how he can improve in this category.  I caught a good one (husband and daddy for my kids)!

Of course, our biggest excitement for 2013 is the arrival of Baby Prentice.  I am at 32 weeks now and at my doctor's appointment yesterday, we scheduled the c-section for February 18th.  There are many days I wonder if I will make it a full 39 weeks (mainly due to the size of the baby and the increased number of contractions I have been having recently), so we at least now know it will be the 18th or sooner.  We are so excited and can't wait to find out if we are going to have another little girl or a little boy.