Friday, January 18, 2013

One Month and Counting

One month from today, we will meet our new little prince or princess!  I confirmed with my doctor's office this morning that the c-section date is scheduled for Monday, February 18th at 7:15 a.m.  That means Chad and I will have to check-in at the hospital at 5:15 a.m.!!  It seems like a ridiculously early arrival time, but I'm all for it (which I hope will also mean an early release date), since I will only have to fast after midnight and hopefully will be able to eat within a few hours after surgery.  Already having a child has made me a morning person, anyway.  Honestly, I can't even remember how it worked with Meredith.  Other than I remember going in pretty early (I think it was around 6:00 a.m.) for the induction, then not being able to eat for most of the day, since she wasn't born until a little after 5:00 p.m.  At the time, though, food was the last thing on my mind.  I just remember being very, very thirsty!

I can't believe this journey is almost coming to an end.  I think having several holidays (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years) in the mix have allowed this pregnancy to fly by.  Plus, chasing around after a toddler all day helps the days move along pretty fast.

I keep having this feeling I won't make it to February 18th and the baby will come sooner.  I've already noticed in the past week that the baby isn't moving nearly as much as previously, because it's running out of space.  Also, I can tell the baby has dropped and the baby's head is right on my bladder, making bathroom trips an every 20-minute occurrence.  The doctor thinks the baby will be big, which isn't surprising since I was 9 lb., 3 oz. myself at birth.  Oh well, it's anyone's guess when the baby will arrive!

To Baby Prentice:

We are all anxiously awaiting your arrival.  Most of all, I can't wait to find out whether you are a boy or a girl!  When we ask Meredith if we are having a boy or a girl, she says "girl" most of the time :)  Please come soon, but not too soon!  ~ Love, Mommy