Friday, February 15, 2013

Really, Really Close

Wowzer!  What a crazy few days it has been.  We are soooo close to meeting our little one!  Three days away from February 18th - the big day!!!  I can't believe it.  It does seem like the days over the past two weeks have been dragging by, mainly because I have not gotten out of the house a lot with Meredith, so we have a bit of cabin fever.

I will be 39 weeks on Sunday and to be honest, we're (including my doctor) not sure if I'm going to make it that long.  I have been having quite a few contractions since Monday, though none too bad or able to be timed.  I was at 2 cm. dilation last week and almost 3 cm. this week, so I know my body is ready.  So, physically and mentally, I think we are ready :)

Last week, the nasty blood pressure issues I had when pregnant with Meredith seemed to have resurfaced.  I had high blood pressure for quite a bit of the pregnancy with Meredith, really hitting a high right around 35 weeks, though I was never officially diagnosed as having pre-eclampsia.  At my 37 week appointment with this one, my blood pressure was a bit high, so I had to come back a few days later and my blood pressure was a "perfect" 80 for my bottom number.  Fast forward to Wednesday of this week and at my 38 week appointment, my blood pressure was almost high enough on the bottom for the doctor to consider taking the baby.  She wanted me to come back today for another blood pressure check, and unfortunately, the first reading was extremely high.  Let's put it this way, I've never had my bottom number be over 100.  I'll leave it at that.  So, after an hour in the office and three readings later (that thankfully decreased over time), my doctor wants me to go to the hospital's L & D area tomorrow for a blood pressure check.  If it's high, then we will probably have the baby tomorrow.  If not, then Monday. 

The grandparents are in town now to help out, since I was put on bed rest for these last few days.  Much better than the two weeks of bed rest I had with Meredith....I can handle a few days compared to that. 

So, we will see when the baby will come.  I really wanted to make it to 39 weeks, but at this point, I just want to see my baby, so I say come on February 16th!!!  It's a little bittersweet if the baby does come on the 16th, because it's the 25th anniversary of my Grandpa Perry's death (2-16-1988).  We shall see...