Monday, April 30, 2012

Almost One!

The big day is almost here for our little girl...we are going to have a one-year old on Thursday!  Everyone says how time flies when you have children, and I'm beginning to understand exactly what they are talking about.  Lately, when I see or hold a little baby, I can't even remember Meredith being that small.  Crazy how time flies!

Meredith advanced to the next nursery room at church on Sunday....#tear.  She went from the "God's Gifts" (for crawlers) to the "Works of Wonder" (for walkers) classroom.  Since I also volunteer in the Works of Wonder classroom, I was sure to tell the next hour volunteers that it was my baby girl's first time in this room and to ask that they keep a special eye on her.  I was most concerned about the slide that is in the room.  Of course, I never thought about it being an issue when I watch the other kids in the room, but when it's my own baby I think about all the things that could go wrong from a fall to an injury requiring stitches....ah, but alas she survived and gave us a big smile when we came to pick her up after church.  That melts my heart!

Other than putting the final touches on her birthday party next weekend and planning our upcoming trip to the Dells/Mall of America, not a ton of new things going on in the Prentice household.  I'm planning a special post to honor a "year in the life" of our little Mer-Bear, so that should be coming later in the week.  In the meantime, I will leave you with this picture of Meredith all ready for the Dells trip:

She still loves to hold shoes (refer to my previous post entitled, "Date Night")!