Thursday, January 30, 2014

Chicago Bulls

A little birdy told me that I didn't include any pictures of him on my last Blog post, Christmas in 2013, opening gifts.  Well, here goes.  It's probably because I did a video of him opening up his gift, rather than a picture.  I decided to get Chad Chicago Bulls game tickets this year as the main Christmas gift.  He loved it!  He used to be a big Bulls fan as a youngster and had never been to a game.  Of course, I couldn't have timed it any worse with going on January 4th - this was the day before we had a blizzard come through Illinois.  It started snowing once we got up to Chicago and while we were at the game we got dumped on; So much so, that we only saw semis and a few cars (some of which were in the ditch or median) on our 40-mph drive home on Interstate 55.  It was definitely an adventure!
We got up to Chicago way too early and were the first ones in the parking lot.  As we were waiting for gates to open, here was our view.  Slowly getting dumped on with tons of snow.
So cool!
We walked around the United Center while waiting for gates to open.  So neat to see this statue up close!

We were one row away from being at the very top, right below the announcer's booth.  But, we thought the view was really good.  That could be because we had binoculars with us :)

Warm-up

Really neat pre-game "show".

Tip off!  Let me add a funny to this experience - though I felt absolutely awful about it at the time and I know Chad was fuming on the inside, I hope we will look back at it and laugh one day :)  With less than 30 seconds to go before halftime, I asked Chad if he was going to leave at halftime.  I knew others around us would need to get through, so I asked him to gather up our things off the floor.  While he was doing this (with 2 seconds to go), a Bulls players make a half court shot.  No, I'm not kidding!  Neither one of us saw it, though I believe they did show a replay.  Ugh!

Pretty neat to see!


We found Scottie Pippen while walking through the United Center!
So thankful we made it home in time, before the bad weather hit.  It has been an absolutely awful winter this year.