Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Christmas in 2013

I'm now finally able to post Christmas pictures!  My parents came up to Bloomington the first week of January to have our Christmas together, and we went to Macomb the day after Christmas.  We are so thankful that Chad could take vacation (2 weeks) during this time to spend as a family.  From my perspective, it was so nice to have relief around the house and Chad got to relax from work, too.

Christmas morning arrived!  Chad is reading the TRUE Christmas story from Luke, chapter 2.

Happy birthday, Jesus!  I really like this tradition of making a Jello cake for Jesus' birthday.  And, for the record, this was the only candle I could find in the house.  Jesus is much older than two!

Patiently waiting for Mommy to take one last picture of them in front of the tree.

Our Christmas tree.  Not all of these presents were for the kids, I promise.


Perhaps the best present I have ever received from Chad.  He is going to give me 3 personal days this year, since he gets 3 at work.  I can do whatever I want (shopping, rest, etc.) and he will take care of the kids for me.  

Once Meredith opened her Winnie the Pooh storytime book, she wouldn't pay attention to the other gifts.  My little bookworm :)

Has anyone seen Luke?  He's lost in the wrapping paper!  He enjoyed playing with the paper so much.

I love my pearl necklace!

I got one of Luke's "firsts" on camera!  He stood up for the first time on his own again his new present.

When we gave her the stocking, she just hugged it.  She didn't know to look inside and find more gifts.  Silly girl!

Chad gave me a piano bench to go with my keyboard, big enough for Meredith and me.  Now I can teach her how to play!

Meredith added the bow!

Now Meredith can take pictures of us.  I love how she has it upside down here.

The kids with their new toys.

Our non-traditional Christmas meal.  I cooked steaks on the grill outside.  Thankfully, we didn't have sub-zero temperatures.

We have an expert-present-opener on our hands.  She loved to open presents, even those that weren't hers!

See what I mean?  This one is Luke's present, but she was pretty polite about it.

Grandpa and Grandma Perry came to visit.

Soon after they got here, there were no presents left to open!

Enjoying a bath with their new foam letters/numbers.