Thursday, January 2, 2014

He's on the Move!

I've been a bit behind recently in my blog posts.  Thanksgiving and Christmas have a little to do with it - such a busy time!  But, another reason is that my little guy is on the move!  On Friday the 13th (of December), right before his 10 month birthday, he decided to learn to crawl.  He also got his two front teeth this day.  I was joking that he got what he wanted for Christmas (cue the song, "All I Want for Christmas is my Two Front Teeth").

It seems like he took a long time to begin crawling.  He learned to sit up at a pretty average age, but spent months just content with sitting in one spot.  He would get frustrated, though, when trying to do tummy time.  Though I know each child is different with developmental milestones, at his 9 month appointment I asked his pediatrician if we should be worried.  She assured me he was perfectly healthy and even made the comment that I should enjoy this time when he's not so mobile.  Boy was she right!  He has kept us all extremely busy from the time he gets up until bedtime.  He is into EVERYTHING!  Meredith is my little watcher, making sure he doesn't grab/rip up her soft paged books.  For good reason, too, since he recently tore a page out of one of her library books.  Even though his sister began crawling around 6 months and taking her first steps at 9 months, he has caught up very quickly!  In just 12 short days, he went from crawling to pulling up.  He first pulled up on one of his Christmas presents and brought himself to a standing position very easily.  We are now wondering if he will be walking by his first birthday.

Well, at least I will get my workout and maybe shed some of these remaining baby pounds I've been holding onto :)

This is when he first stood up on his own, propped up against his new toy.

Meredith added the bow.

When I lay on my side on the floor, he likes to come up and try to pull up against me.

Mr. Innocent.  He's got us all fooled!

He's on a mission!

Since he started to crawl, he LOVES to crawl over to Meredith while she is watching one of her shows and try to stand up against the chair.  He loves to try to tackle her and pull her hair.  Such a nice brother, huh?  Well, I guess he's just making up for all the hits he endured from her as an infant.

He is infatuated with the vacuum and not the least bit scared of the noise.  He actually crawls towards it as I'm vacuuming.

He also likes to mess with the dishwasher.  I guess with the vacuum and dishwasher loves, he will make a good husband one day :)

Mr. Trouble!