Friday, October 12, 2012

Ultrasound

At the end of September, we got to see our little peanut on ultrasound again.  Such an amazing experience!  Our first ultrasound was back in July and the picture just looked like a little bean and it was very hard to make out anything.  This experience was just the opposite.  At nearly 19 weeks, we were able to see fingers, toes, the spine, and facial features.  I wish I had an ultrasound machine in my home and could use it 24/7. 

We went into this ultrasound not wanting to know what the gender is, so we can be surprised on delivery day.  Okay, let me rephrase that....I didn't want to know but Chad did.  But, like a good hubby, he was willing to hold out for me.  I did have my doubts in days prior, but from what I have heard from others, the surprise will be worth it.  I figure that if we have a girl, I will have nearly everything I need and if it's a boy, then I already have some gender-neutral onesies/sleepers that were given to us with Meredith and I've picked up a few boy clothes here and there at yard sales.  Everything will probably be planned right down to the date since I will have a repeat c-section, so I can't wait for the ultimate gender surprise! 

Of course, we both thought we saw boy AND girl parts throughout the scan, so who knows!  We turned our heads at the request of the ultrasound tech for a few minutes, so only she knows.  Overall, things appeared to be well, but I won't know for sure until the appointment with my doctor in mid-October.  The tech did say I was measuring closer to 20 weeks, which puts us at a due date of 2/15/13 instead of 2/24/13.  Probably just a big baby :)



Love how you can see all the features in this one, including baby's spine, foot/toes, hand/fingers, and what appears to be a bubble of some sort above the head.

Of course, here is the "alien" picture.  I remember these types of pictures with Meredith and it is really creepy with the hollow eyes.