Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Call Me Megan Crocker

Well, I'm no Betty Crocker, but I felt like one today.  It was our turn to bring snacks for Chad's Wednesday night high school ministry Bible study.  We needed to come up with snacks to feed 35+ kids and group leaders.  Though I love to cook and have enjoyed it even more since we got married (it's never fun or easy to cook for just one person), I'm not big on baking.  It's not that I don't know how, it's just that I'm not a big dessert person.  Sure, I'll have sweets now and then (don't even get me started on my recent pregnancy-induced DQ Cookie Jar blizzard craving), but I could do without.  I'm the one at Thanksgiving that would rather have seconds of meat/potatoes, rather than having dessert. 

Anyhow, I came across a super simple recipe for Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies.  I can't believe I just admitted that....me and peanut butter?  Well, it was a sacrifice I made for Chad, because it is just about his favorite food ever and as for me, I absolutely hate the taste of it!  I guess opposites attract.  To balance it out, I also made a store bought package of oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.  Not that there will be any leftover treats after high school guys go through line, but I'm hopeful.

So, I cranked up the Christmas music on my iPod and began baking.  It kind of put me in the holiday spirit :)



Meredith just discovered the oven light.  She had just woken up from her nap (can you tell by her hair?) and was in a trance as she stared at the cookies baking.

Finally, I will leave you with this humorous e-mail I sent to Chad after my baking experience with the peanut butter cookies:

Do you know how much I love you?  Well, I'll tell you!

I have been hand rolling every PB cookie and have PB stuck under my fingernails.  Also, since you weren't around, I had to taste test one of the cookies.  I can't believe I did it.  I now have this awful taste in my mouth! :)