Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Easter

This past weekend we celebrated Easter in Macomb with Chad's family.  It was one of the coldest Easter weekends that I can remember.  I was very chilly wearing open-toed shoes to church!

My father-in-law came over on Thursday to pick up Meredith and keep her for a few days, before Chad, Luke, and I went over on Saturday.  It was very bittersweet.  Though it was a much needed break for me (I never realized how easy it is to care for a newborn until I was left with just one child), but very emotional at the same time.  At four months old, Meredith spent the majority of the day with my parents while we were out late at a wedding, but other than this, we've never been away from her that long.  Even while I was in the hospital recently, we at least saw her several times each day.  I was feeding Luke and wasn't able to see her off, but the waterworks started for me when Chad came back in and told me she was such a big girl and said "Bye, Daddy" and waved as they drove off.

And, she really was a big girl in Macomb.  She got out of the crib over there!  She still hasn't made it out of her regular crib and we think it's because the one at Grandma and Grandpa's house doesn't sit quite as low.  Guess it's time to start thinking about a toddler bed.

Well, she did really great and enjoyed her time with the Grandparents.  We had a chance to introduce Luke to the Great-Grandparents:

Prentice Family

Ross Family


Meredith also had her first Easter Egg Hunt at Chad's Aunt Dorcas' home.  She was a pro and easily figured out the point soon after grabbing the first egg.


Let the hunt begin!
On the move...
Such a pro at finding eggs!
"Look how many I got!"

Jett and Meredith after the hunt.

We also celebrated our birthdays.  Chad and I have April birthdays within a week of each other.  I won't mention the number, but this is a BIG milestone birthday for me this year.  Meredith helped me blow out my candles.